How do you tell a good barber? Is it just by cutting your hair? Or is there more to the art of haircuts and shaving then meets the eye? What are the things to look out for? Let's find out below with some hair care tips for black men.
- The barber’s shop should be spotless. If the barber doesn’t take care of the shop then it's possible they won't take care of your hair.
- Since it takes on average 10 minutes for tools to be sterilised, if your barber is just spraying his or her clippers in front of you, the equipment may not be sterilised.
- They should listen to you during consultations as well as give their suggestions, not just go straight for the cut immediately.
- Your barber should ALWAYS prep your skin properly before shaving. For example, using a hot towel relaxes the skin and opens the pores.
- Your barber should be able to recommend products for your specific hair type and give styling tips.
- Time is precious, we know but if your barber is always running behind or their service is hurried, then it might be time to change.
- Sloppy haircuts are a no-no. Are your sideburns and necklines even? Is the outlining clean? If not, it might be time to have a discussion with your barber.
Have you noticed any of these things or experienced these pain-points in the past?