While a shaved head is considered a low-maintenance hairstyle, you still need to care and maintain your bald head for a great look! Preventing razor-burn and ingrown hairs is an important task. Keeping the sun from wreaking havoc on your scalp is even more essential. Here are some expert haircare tips for you.
- Before shaving, you should use a gentle cleanser or natural shampoo to remove trapped dirt and encourage a healthier scalp.
- Massaging your scalp while shampooing is also important to increase circulation and blood flow to the area.
- Use proper shaving technique, so shave with the grain first. If the shave looks and feels good after the first pass, then you can stop. Shaving against the grain can cause frequent ingrown hairs and razor-burn.
- Daily shaving and exposure to the sun can leave your scalp dry and flaky. Remember to use a good moisturiser or cream on your scalp every morning.
- Last but not least, as you use sunscreen on your face, use it on your scalp as well for extra protection!